St. Mary School
Why Choose St. Mary School?
While we cannot invite you into our school at this time, we can share with you, through the eyes of our parents, what makes St. Mary School an excellent choice for students in the Marion community.
The mission of St. Mary School is to provide our students a foundation in faith, academics, and service. We expect our students to be practicing critical thinkers and to demonstrate responsibility, compassion, and respect.
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- Our school is preparing students to be good Catholics.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Teachers, administrators, parents and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- There is an expectation at this school that students and faculty live and practice Catholic values and benefits.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become self-confident, self-directed, life-long learners.
Diocesan Policy #4110.0
a. All paid staff must have on file both BCI and FBI background checks and must attend “Protection God’s Children” In-Service class.
b. All volunteers must have on file a BCI and FBI background check and must attend “Protecting God’s Children” In-Service class no matter if volunteering for the school or parish, and no matter what time of the day or night they volunteer.